E-Learning Has Gained Momentum
E-Learning is a reality in our time rather than a fleeting fad, because, human life has become pushy and fast. Virtually everybody is facing lack of time to attend the various chores of life and consequently, a good section has started to rely on online resources for solving their various requirements. This is all the more true in the educational and training domains; these days, many people go for online training courses, even for gaining technical knowledge.
Apply Handy Authoring Tools to Make Online Training Courses Effectual
E-Learning courses have already become par for the course in industrial training programs. Modern-day organizational managements show pleasant interest in making use of the effectiveness of e-Learning methods for managing the workforce efficiently. They try to implement various online training programs for bringing in employee engagement and employee retention. In brief, e-Learning system has gained high relevance in the present-day world. But unfortunately, some of the present-day e-Learning courses are designed in a mediocre manner, and this injects insipidness to the e-learning topics concerned. How to design effectual e-Learning courses is a relevant topic. Everyone who knows this sphere of action agrees that applying operative authoring tools is a practical way to counter the dormant and sluggish nature of online training courses. Expert eLearning courses designers have the opinion that storytelling is a best way to pull out the droning nature out of online training courses.
Advantages of Applying Storytelling Technique in Online Training Courses
Storytelling is a powerful method of online training and this will induce the readers to go deep into the subject concerned with great interest. Practically there are 4 key points to assert this assumption.
- ELearning courses that are designed in a storytelling model will serve as a good media to have worthwhile interaction with the participants. This is because, creating and maintaining connections is one of the key human penchants, and storytelling is a sure shot to bring this mental involvement. When the participants of eLearning courses feel mentally attached to the course contents, then, it will be easier to impart the required information in proper and pragmatic manner.
- People generally follow models, and if the eLearning course is designed in a storytelling manner, by applying effective authoring tools such as Articulate Elearning software, Captivate Elearning templates, and Templates Lectora and with some key character models, then for sure, the subject online training course will capture the attention of the participants. They will attend the course keenly, and will grab the gist effectively.
- Human brain is structured in such a way that it has got the capacity to follow stories in a direct way and to act spontaneously in accordance with the thread of the story that is narrated. Hence, if eLearning courses are created in a practical way using sophisticated authoring tools such as Articulate Elearning software, Captivate Elearning templates, and Templates Lectora, the contents can be made in an appealing manner, which will be mentally pleasing to the eLearning course participants. Thus the course can be made effective to the core!
- Storytelling method will add the entertainment aspect of the eLearning course concerned. This will certainly motivate the partakers to learn the topic discussed quickly.
ELearning portal offers a reservoir for the online training. It offers materials and links for the resources in terms of training and learning.
In today’s scenario of inestimable options and accessibility in terms of online training and Elearning , it becomes imperative to have a lumber room for all the information and updates accessible and amicable to learners. So in other words we can say the Elearning portals are the treasure houses of online or Elearning training resources and courses. Elearning portals will deliver the long sought after vision of bringing all the information available on one site. It makes the learning process silky and nuisance free to access all the courses in diverse, meaningful and user friendly manner to facilitate the learning process. Elearning portals bring all training modules and links under one roof for varied learning requirements of professionals, students and employers.
The Elearning reservoirs provide all-embracing and meticulous information and relevant links for varied types of online training modules, which makes the search more convenient and trouble free. The home page of the eLearning portal is also named as dashboard, which provides a list of recommended courses, upcoming events and links to resource libraries. In some portals we come across search functionality within the portal, features offered for ratings and social networking features as well.
How advantageous it would be for organizational needs of incessant growth and development?
The varied and wide-ranging updates are obtainable in terms of indiscriminate learning modules and custom or tailor made Elearning programs to make the portal suitable for different addressees. The custom made plans are appropriately designed to the need of individual learner, taking into prudence the level, role and need of those individuals in the organization. In today’s state of affairs when training and learning is considered to be a continuous process throughout the professional life. Elearning portals bring respite from the horrendous task of finding the training in different places. The Elearning portals will make the job of organization very convenient by offering extensive details on online training under one roof to benefit the organizational training needs for individuals and new hires. So the Elearning portal plays a central role of an access point for different courses, training, applications and varied services offered to the customers, employers and different partners. In turn providing accessible, user friendly, didactic Elearning options to all the stakeholders.
The other benefits at the organizational level include recruitment of fresh talent, retention of staff, being able to provide on job training and hence facilitating the career growth, helping to identify exceptional performers and facilitating the learning process for the employees depending on the areas they outshine.
Online training has come up as the blessing for those who cannot take regular classes or want to continue their education after a break. Online training is accompanied with many advantages which has made it very popular among learners. In spite of various benefits it is very important for the learners to introspect the need and the type of course they want to do and thus do proper research before taking the course.
Online training can be very exciting for some but it can be frustrating and discouraging for others. Online learning being very flexible and convenient but it keeps the learner away from the benefits of the conventional classroom training. In this article, we will discuss the basic six online training do’s and don’ts which should be considered by any learner before taking the online course.
Dos for the online training
- Do a thorough research about the educational background and assess your need for the online training and your goal you need to achieve after doing the course. Do find out the skills programs and degrees you need to achieve your goals.
- Do a proper research about all the courses available and find out about their authenticity, their quality, market reputation, placements and much more before the final enrollment.
- Do prepare yourself to dedicate about 5 to 14 hours a week on a course depending on the need.
- Do develop a good habit of checking your mails at least once in a day for online training.
- Do plan your time in order to take out sufficient time for training and keeping the balance between other work at workplace and home.
- Do plan for your seating arrangement as it should be comfortable and quite place so that you should not get disturbed and distracted while taking an online course.
Don’ts for the online training
- Don’t treat yourself as anonymous while taking an online course; in fact be more interactive with your instructor and also your classmates as compared to the traditional classroom environment.
- Don’t feel shy or hesitate in asking anything from your instructor if you have any problem with the course or the technology used.
- Don’t take the courses lightly as it requires same kind of dedication and involvement as is required in the traditional way. Only the way to deliver the course has changed but the content is more or less similar.
- Don’t be just a passive learner. Always find out ways to be more and more interactive as it will give you better results.
- Don’t put yourself in the habit of procrastinate as it will make you overburdened with lots of learning at a time. So set your goals and adhere to the timeline to finish the course in time.
And last but not the least, don’t get discouraged if the online training doesn’t work for you because there are many other ways to learn and you can opt for them.