Mobile learning has become par for the course in many areas including industrial, educational, and corporate training programs. In the initial period of e-learning, most of the programs were created to go well with desktops. However, as the bulk of the present-day internet activities are happening on the go, e-learning approaches have also undergone drastic transformation. Modern e-learning partakers prefer to go for mobile learning courses; this is because of the high popularity and availability of mobile devices. Precisely in tune with this rising demand for mobile learning modules, instructional designers make it a point to create mobile friendly e-learning courses, so that all course participants can easily log on to their e-learning programs even while they are on the move.
Rapid Authoring Tools
Mobile Content creation can be done smartly and effectively by using various rapid authoring tools. ‘Rapid Learning’ is a method by which e-learning modules are prepared precisely, promptly and in a methodical manner, in order that the essence of the involved topic is conveyed to the course participants lucidly and without losing the core essence. Rapid authoring tools make the process of e-learning creation easy. The popular and effective rapid authoring tools include ‘Adobe Captivate’, ‘Lectora’, ‘Storyline’, ‘Active Presenter’, ‘iSpring’, etc. All modern instructional designers must be well-versed with these mobile content creation tools, and only then the e-learning courses developed by them will become helpful to the course partakers. E-learning courses which are created in mediocre methods and without applying the appropriate rapid authoring tools will lead the course participants astray! Hence, good care must be taken while choosing the right rapid authoring tools; this is crucial to set the standard of the mobile learning modules.
Mobile Learning Courses and Rapid Authoring Tools
- ‘Time’ is one of the most vital factors as far as the creation of e-Learning courses are concerned; the connected contents should be incorporated with precision and perfectness, and it is here the handiness of rapid authoring tools becomes essential.
- Rapid authoring tools facilitate easy and speedy e-learning course creation. The availability of ‘off the rack’ templates and the incorporated aspects such as the ‘feature to easily include elements like ‘audio’, ‘videos’, ‘illustrations’, and ‘animation’ make rapid authoring tools all the more powerful. You can create interesting and expressive e-learning courses by making use of rapid authoring tools.
- There is another significant gain of applying the efficacy of rapid authoring tools; instructional designers can save the processing time, and will require less effort and money. Besides, the created e-learning course can be delivered through diverse types of platforms including mobile phones, tablets, and also, desktops. In short, e-learning courses that are created using rapid authoring tools can be accessed at any time and anywhere.
- As all key features such as the ‘navigation’, ‘menu’, and ‘volume control’, etc are provided, instructional designers will not have to use more effort while creating the contents.
- The mobile learning modules created using rapid authoring tools can be accessed using all existing browsers. Such courses can also be hosted on ‘Learning Management System (LMS)’, and moreover, the audio system will be well coordinated.
- Various functions like the ‘slide transitions’, ‘illustrations’, ‘scrolling effects’, etc can be slotted in, and this will enhance the effectiveness of the mobile learning courses concerned.