Is custom made training emerging as an effective tool for the employee’s development?
In today’s time of stiff competition in business and services to be offered. It looks extremely important to keep the employees updated and equipped with the current trends to deal with the challenges more effectively. To keep them abreast with the current trends and challenges it becomes imperative that the employees are provided with custom made training which should be crisp and effective as to help them to contribute to the company in a more productive and varied ways.
The custom made training modules for employees will help the growth of the company and the professional growth of the employees too. At this time when value added services bring about tremendous results. Custom made training for employees is a great way to attract customers delight and satisfaction and in turns helping the business grow leaps and bounds. An intricate planning to design and implement the training with detailed understanding of the business and the areas of concern will make the custom made training very effective and fruitful.
The online custom made modules for the employees would create a vast impact on the employees training altogether. The two greatest benefits of custom made training would be time saving and cost effectiveness of the training modules. As these custom made modules will have the flexibility to utilize the material or training for development of the employees irrespective of the strength or the number of employees and the number of times the modules would be utilized. The other important advantage would be to add content depending upon the requirement and making the training modules more effective at different point in times as well depending upon the changes brought in terms of the vision and mission of the company.
Web based custom made online training has many advantages as it can give the employees the flexibility to learn at individuals pace and convenience of time as well. The other very important aspect is the availability of the training content suitable for employees working for different shifts and time zone as they can access the material whenever and whatever is convenient to them. The uniformity in the material also brings about the process of standardization as every employee goes through the same training module.
The effectiveness and utility of the custom made modules should be seen in certain perspectives as to make it more learners cantered and workable. The important dimensions which have to be mentioned are as follows:
- Is the modules are easy to use
- Is the training appropriate to engage the employees on a wider level
- Is the content or module has been designed keeping in mind the rules and regulations of the company or in short mission and vision of the company
- The proper and relevant utilization of the visual content
- Are the computers available have the capability to utilize the online content fully
- Is the bandwidth available for the multiple user
And to conclude, the future looks very bright for custom made online training and the development of employees. The online custom made training modules will definitely see better and wider response in the days to come.
We at Swift elearning are equipped to provide world class online custom made modules for different requirements and specifications. We have been catering to the needs of the clients on national and international levels and have been receiving positive and encouraging response.
Online training has come up as the blessing for those who cannot take regular classes or want to continue their education after a break. Online training is accompanied with many advantages which has made it very popular among learners. In spite of various benefits it is very important for the learners to introspect the need and the type of course they want to do and thus do proper research before taking the course.
Online training can be very exciting for some but it can be frustrating and discouraging for others. Online learning being very flexible and convenient but it keeps the learner away from the benefits of the conventional classroom training. In this article, we will discuss the basic six online training do’s and don’ts which should be considered by any learner before taking the online course.
Dos for the online training
- Do a thorough research about the educational background and assess your need for the online training and your goal you need to achieve after doing the course. Do find out the skills programs and degrees you need to achieve your goals.
- Do a proper research about all the courses available and find out about their authenticity, their quality, market reputation, placements and much more before the final enrollment.
- Do prepare yourself to dedicate about 5 to 14 hours a week on a course depending on the need.
- Do develop a good habit of checking your mails at least once in a day for online training.
- Do plan your time in order to take out sufficient time for training and keeping the balance between other work at workplace and home.
- Do plan for your seating arrangement as it should be comfortable and quite place so that you should not get disturbed and distracted while taking an online course.
Don’ts for the online training
- Don’t treat yourself as anonymous while taking an online course; in fact be more interactive with your instructor and also your classmates as compared to the traditional classroom environment.
- Don’t feel shy or hesitate in asking anything from your instructor if you have any problem with the course or the technology used.
- Don’t take the courses lightly as it requires same kind of dedication and involvement as is required in the traditional way. Only the way to deliver the course has changed but the content is more or less similar.
- Don’t be just a passive learner. Always find out ways to be more and more interactive as it will give you better results.
- Don’t put yourself in the habit of procrastinate as it will make you overburdened with lots of learning at a time. So set your goals and adhere to the timeline to finish the course in time.
And last but not the least, don’t get discouraged if the online training doesn’t work for you because there are many other ways to learn and you can opt for them.
There is a buzz everywhere in the corporate world about this new trend. More and more people want to take advantage of online training. But many questions arise like;
- What is online training?
- Is it really helpful?
- How is it different from the traditional ways of training?
And many more similar questions.
In the today’s competitive world, everyone wants to be different and ahead of others. And for this, one needs to have certain qualities and skills which can differentiate him/her from others. Each and every professional has to be updated with the new things happening around. Entrepreneurs want their staff on the cutting edge with all the possible training and learning to get the maximum output.
Earlier all this was done by the one-to-one manual training. But this process was very time consuming and expensive as company had to bear the cost of training either by sending the employees to the trainer or conducting the seminars or training in the company itself.
But with the emerging option of online training of the employees, this whole process has become very easy, simple and reasonable also.
Online training is basically a training process through online training courses which are designed based on the guidelines given by the employer in order to provide training to the employees. Online courses provide the flexibility of taking the training at any time throughout the day 24×7 with the option of learning at its own pace. Different learning tools are used like videos, webinar, apps and games to make the training very interactive and engaging.
Why online training?
There are many reasons to opt for online training rather than the traditional training processes.
- Specific: As the case with traditional face to face training, one does not have to attend the whole seminar if the requirement is very specific. Through online training, time is saved as there is an option to take the training in the specific field required.
- Go mobile: With the increasing use of mobile devices like i-pad, i-phone, IOS devices, one can take the course at home, or at office and even when he/she is travelling just by carrying the smartphone.
- Time saving: In the today’s busy world, one does not have time to listen or read the full long story. So, these e-learning courses are designed in small modules, quizzes, podcasts or small videos which are easy to learn and retain and saves time also.
To provide the learners with more and more options for e-learning on mobile platform, there is a need to develop these courses on mobile compatible platform for these iOS devices. To cater the needs of our aspirant e-learners, Swift E-learning Services Pvt. Ltd., provides the best e-learning courses with all the latest authoring tools like Articulate Storyline, HTML5, Captivate etc., with the dedicated team of best of the instructional designers and developers who understand the needs of their e-learners.