According to National Institute of Standards and Technology, Cloud computing can be defined as “convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (for example networks, servers, storage, applications and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.” Resource pooling feature of Cloud enables it to provide service to a large group of customers by using different physical and virtual resources that are dynamically urged in accordance with the growing requirement.
There are basically three types of Cloud Computing:
- SaaS: Software as a Service
- PaaS: Platform as a Service
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud Computing provides varied benefits to organizations, listed are ten of them:
- Flexibility: Cloud computing provides the feasibility of any person across the globe to access the cloud with the simple requirement of Internet connection.
- Easy startup: Cloud computing can be very easy to kick start and implement.
- Reduced costs: It cuts down the huge amount of money spent on licensing or purchase of software.
- Countless storage capacity: Organizations can increase their data storage capacity without the fear of server overload or software hassles.
- Response time: Cloud Computing provides a faster response time when compared to routine servers and hardware.
- Bandwidth: Cloud computing is the solution for an organization’s increased bandwidth because of its remote servers.
- Data safety: Secure storage of information on data centers prevents data theft and saves data loss against natural calamities and accidents.
- Minimal training: Few people are required to work on cloud cutting down the requirement to train many people. It cuts down the need to learn about software and hardware.
- Security issues: Cloud computing performs the server repairs and security checks thereby saves customer’s time and money.
- Eco friendly: By using the cloud services an organization would save around 30% of energy consumption when compared to organizations that use servers at workplace.
Cloud computing provides varied benefits to the organization in terms of savings or services thereby catalyzing change for the better!